Testing application over android environment is costly because more devices with diffrent specs have to be tested with,
so it is costly and time consuming so indeed the best solution is to test over default Android emulator, but the first question in our minds is what we should do about emulator poor performance?
Now Genymotion is here, it is a relativly fast android emulator, any app can be tested on all major devices available on the market. It is so easy to install and be fully integrated with Android Studio and Eclipse following the instructions here.
- Easily download and run pre-configured virtual images covering most of android versions and diffrent screen sizes.
- Networking: Ethernet (emulates WiFi connection).
- GPS (with configurable coordinates).
- Battery (with configurable battery levels).
- Display: OpenGL hardware acceleration, multiscreen, full screen display.
- Genymotion shell which allows you to interact with your VM using a command line ADB support Eclipse and Android Studio plugins Supports Linux, Windows and Mac. "Drag&Drop" APK installs "Drag&Drop" Zip support for system updates/patches
- Download the following ARM Translation Installer.
- Download GApps according to your version 4.3, 4.2, 4.1.
- Next Open your Genymotion VM and and drag&drop the Genymotion-ARM-Translation.zip onto it, a message says "File transfer in progress" should appear now.
- Reboot Genymotion VM.
- Drag&Drop the GApps-signed.zip onto it.
- Reboot then open google play store.
- Once in the Store go to the 'My Apps' menu and let everything update becuase this will fixe a lot of issues.
- Search for 'Netflix' and 'Google Drive', if both apps show up in the results and you're able to Download/Install them, then congrats you now have ARM support and Google Play fully setup!